Sometimes it’s hard to locate studs, which makes it confusing when you’re trying to improve your home. This can make home improvement a challenge, but the Zircon MultiScanner i520 is a useful tool to help you accomplish any home renovations.
A lot of people love to do their own home improvements. If you’re one of those people, some tasks can be a bit hard if you don’t have the right materials and tools for the job. Before you drill holes through your walls, you need to know what is underneath, and for that, you need a scanner to be sure. Also, if you don’t have enough knowledge of the different sounds walls should make, it’s not a good idea to just knock down walls in the name of renovations.
Getting the right scanner can be challenging, but Zircon Multi-Scanner i520 is one of the best digital scanners you can find in the market today.
What To Expect From The Zircon MultiScanner i520
The Zircon MultiScanner i520 is a stud finder that is highly effective. The fact that this stud finder uses electrical technology system sensing to locate studs in drywall regardless of the condition of the wall is a huge advantage. It uses lasers to detect any studs within any type of drywall. It’s also able to locate electric wires in your walls that may be in the way if you’re trying to do some home improvements. This helps you to avoid the wires and prevents any mishaps with your electrical system.
With its 4-mode inter-switchable features, this stud finder will help you identify any material behind your walls, whether its metal, stud, wood, or uncovered electric wires. It’s a very simple scanner that you can use to determine the center and edges of any stud to help you know where to drill a nail or avoid if there are live wires around. It’s a great stud finder to use on thick walls as it has a scanning depth of 1.5 inches with a 3-inches-deep scan of metals. It uses auto-correcting technology which means it can automatically reset itself to give more accurate and reliable readings.
What Are Its Features?
Ultra-bright LED display
This Zircon MultiScanner i520 stud finder has an ultra-bright feature on its screen that makes it easily visible to read. This can be useful if you have eye problems. It displays bold words on the screen that also indicates the direction of the studs, their centers, and edges. A spotlight pointing system gives out an audio alert when it identifies a stud. It calibrates itself 10 times per second to ensure accuracy.
The auto-correct tool
This stud finder can automatically correct any mistakes you make and adjust its results accordingly to make sure they’re accurate and correct. This is a very useful tool if you don’t like holding the stud finder for a long time in one place or if you have shaky hands. If you aren’t getting proper results, you can switch to another scanning mode like using the metal scanning mode to identify studs behind plastics.
This Zircon MultiScanner i520 stud finder has 4 modes of scanning; stud, metal, deep, and AC scan.
- Stud scan. As a portable device, it’s easy to position it anywhere on your walls. When scanning through your walls, it projects ultraviolet rays that can scan through thick walls. With this, it can locate the center and edges of studs.
- Metal scan. The best thing about this stud finder is that it can detect metals consisting of iron and other pure metals that don’t contain iron.
- Deep Scan. This stud finder can detect studs as deep as 19mm, but if the stud is deeper than 0.75 inches it might not give you the correct readings. So it’s best to switch to the deep mode for a deeper scan of 1.5 inches for better reading.
- AC scan. It tests for live current around the tip of the scanner. Some stud finders have a hard time finding live hot wires or uncovered wires. But this stud finder will easily locate the position of any uncovered AC wires in your walls.
Battery Replacement Signal
This Zircon stud finder uses a 9-volt battery that you can easily replace with a new Duracell battery when it drains out power which can happen even when you’re not using it. The gadget emits a signal when it’s time to replace the battery.
- This stud finder has multi-scan with 4 scanning modes that can provide accurate and effective deep scans.
- Can detect live wire and give you an alert.
- Automatically corrects common errors to ensure accuracy.
- Can detect ferrous metals 3 inches deep and non-ferrous metals 1 ½ inches deep.
- The ultra-bright LED screen makes it easy for you to read what is displayed.
- It’s an affordable digital stud finder.
- It performs deep scans and detects the center and edges of studs.
- Can only be used for interior purposed only.
- Doesn’t give accurate readings on textured walls and plastics.
This Zircon MultiScanner i520 has so many features that help make your work easier. It will give you the exact location of the wood reinforcements in your home to avoid drilling into pipes or live wires. Instead of putting wall anchors for your TV or shelves, you can make things easier for yourself by using a stud finder to hang them the right way. This way you don’t have to worry about the walls collapsing in the near future.
This digital stud finder is a necessary auxiliary tool to have in your toolbox. This is a perfect tool to help you tackle a lot of DIY projects around the house. In many homes, most of the plumbing is done with copper pipes, and this stud finder can detect both copper and other metals which is an added bonus. Make sure to keep the batteries charged or have fresh ones to avoid getting a low battery when using it.